Communications on 8/26 from Dr. Binder:
Dear students and parents:
I have a few updates for you as we head into the final 2 days of eLearning. On Monday, August 31, roughly half of you will be reporting back to school, and we are very excited to see you! Our wonderful Guidance Counselors are still cleaning up the scheduling mess. If your student does not have a schedule by Friday morning, please email me Friday morning so I can look into the problem. Thank you for your continued patience. Some schools were only mildly affected by this problem. Our schedules were mostly wiped out.
If you are scheduled for face-to-face learning beginning Monday:
- I have attached the bell schedule for this school year. Our start and end times are 10 minutes later than in past years. Student drop-off is no earlier than 8:55. Dismissal on Mondays is at 3:30 and Tuesday through Friday dismissal is 4:30.
- Masks are required for everyone on campus. No exceptions.
- I have attached a map of the campus in case you need it. Parent may not walk students to class. We will have plenty of people to direct students where to go. Face to face students who still do not have a schedule on Monday will go to the cafeteria and we will make them a schedule.
- Students are encouraged to bring water. Touchless water fountains are being installed but will not be ready for day 1.
- Students are encouraged to bring an electronic device. All of our laptops are out on loan, so the more students who have their own device, the better.
If you are continuing eLearning beginning Monday you will need a microphone on your laptop and you should have a camera.
I have also attached the newsletter I usually send before school starts.
You Can Now Support Farnell PTSA by Shopping on AmazonSmile Through the App For Both iPhone and Android Users!
For directions on how to do this:
Congratulations Michelle Tran!
Michelle won an award for her artwork from Hillsborough County (see her artwork below) this past Sunday, January 12, 2020. Her artwork will now move on the the state level for judging later this spring. Congratulations Michelle and good luck as your artwork moves onward and upward!
The Votes Are In & The
Overall Visual Arts:
1st Place: Cindy Vu (8th Grade)
2nd Place: Myna Truong (8th Grade)
3rd Place: Alizee Grazier (7th Grade)
We would also like to extend an honorable mention to the following students as finalists with submissions in this category:
Megan Seales (7th) Olivia Rivadulla (8th) Sofia Scaglia (7th) Julia Misiunas (8th) Gabrielle Kits (8th) Isabella Erstling (7th) Kenza Attallah (7th)
Special Visual Arts:
1st Place: Giada Irizarry (8th Grade)
2nd Place: Brian Pham (8th Grade)
3rd Place: Michelle Tran (8th Grade)
Honorable mentions to the following students as finalists with artwork submissions in the Special Visual Arts:
Archit Shankar (8th) Tre Zancara (6th) Artem Pechnikova (6th) Albina Pechnikova (8th) Shantell Burdette (6th)
Sarita Balla (7th Grade)
We would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to all of our incredible artists who submitted artwork for this contest. The talent found within Farnell is just overwhelming.
The winners artwork will move on to compete at the county level next.
Thank you to Vanessa from Vanessa’s Art Studio in Citrus Park. She graciously helped with judging the final pieces.
A huge THANK YOU to our 2019-2020 Business Sponsors for their support!
(Please visit our Business Partners page for more information and links to all of our business partners)